LoRa, WiFi and Bluetooth
The LoPy is the only triple bearer MicroPython enabled micro controller on the market today – perfect enterprise grade IoT platform for your connected Things. With the latest Espressif chipset the LoPy offers a perfect combination of power, friendliness and flexibility. Create and connect you things everywhere. Fast.
The LoPy can act as both a LoRa Nano Gateway and a multi-bearer (LoRa, WiFi and BLE) development platform. It is programmable with MicroPython and the Pymakr IDE for fast IoT application development, easy programming in-field and extra resilience with network failover. The best blend of speed to deployment and access to new LPWAN networks rolling out across Europe, USA, Africa and India.
The board ships with or without male headers mounted as seen on the pictures.
NOTE: Using the LoRa radio without the external antenna can lead to damage of the device and is therefore not recommended.
PLEASE NOTE: Pycom modules are powered by the NEW and FEATURE PACKED Espressif ESP32 chip. As a result our firmware is evolving constantly as the ESP32 IDF matures. Regular firmware updates are therefore provided.
– Powerful CPU, BLE and state of the art WiFi radio. 1KM Wifi Range
– Can also double up as Nano LoRa gateway
– MicroPython enabled
– Fits in a standard breadboard (with headers)
– Ultra-low power usage: a fraction compared to other connected micro controllers
– Espressif ESP32 chipset
– Dual processor + WiFi radio System on chip
– Network processor handles the WiFi connectivity and the IPv6 stack
– Main processor is entirely free to run the user application
– An extra ELP-coprocessor that can monitor GPIOs, the ADC channels and control most of the internal peripherals during deep-sleep mode while only consuming 25uA
– 868 MHz (Europe) at +14dBm maximum
– 915 MHz (North and South America, Australia and New Zealand) at +20dBm maximum
– Node range: Up to 40km
– Nano-gateway: Up to 22km
– Nano-gateway capacity: Up to 100 nodes
– 2 x UART, 2 x SPI, I2C, I2S, micro SD card
– Analog channels: 8×12 bit ADCs
– Timers: 4×16 bit with PWM and input capture
– DMA on all peripherals
– GPIO: Up to 24
Security & Certifications
– SSL/TLS support
– WPA Enterprise security
– FCC – 2AJMTLOPY2R
– CE 0700
– RAM: 512KB
– External flash: 4MB
– Hardware floating point acceleration
– Python multi-threading
Hash / encryption
SHA, MD5, DES, AES